5D Communication – The 5th Dimension
The fifth dimension, we define as the communication of the cells with each other: the critically determined shape and size of the microwells create an environment that is as physiological as possible. Plus, a special nanocoating hinders cells from attaching to the surface. This results in the formation of uniform spheroids with an undisturbed communication of the cells with each other, preventing wrong signals that would induce unwanted gene expression/differentiation.
- Physiological & easy spheroid formation by optimized niche geometry & surface
- Convenient upscaling without loss of spheroid quality
- Ability to translate into diagnostic or clinical use
- Effortless upscaling of your cell spheroids without losing control over cell differentiation and spheroid size
- Medium change in your culture is rather simple and can be automated as well
- The safety profile of the SP5D reduces the risk of unintended tumorigenesis to a minimum which is a prerequisite for all translational approaches
Size and Space Matters
Due to our patented geometry:
- Precise control of spheroid size resulting in higher standardization & reproducibility
- High quantity of uniformly sized spheroids (9000/plate)
- Identical diffusion conditions for all spheroids
- Unique physiological spheroid formation with rounded bottoms
Born from the clinical need of cell transplantation and stem cell biology, we have developed the Sphericalplate 5D (SP5D). This patented platform technology allows the creation of highly standardised cell spheroids, freely scalable from hundreds for the laboratory to millions for clinical use. Aiming to fulfill highest medical and regulatory standards, seamless translation into diagnostic or clinical use is enabled.
Standardized, uniform, size controlled spheroids in large scale. 750 cell clusters with one move – 9000 per plate.
The Sphericalplate 5D allows the generation of uniform, size-controlled cell clusters needed for various research and diagnostic applications. Our platform enables the translation from bench to bedside and includes scalable, reliable and safe application of cell therapy. The SP5D has round-bottomed microwells and the surface is covered with high-end ultra-low attachment coating which allows for perfect cell aggregation. 3D cell culture protocols using the SP5D are highly scalable, as one plate can hold up 9000 spheroids. The scalable solutions on the market do not meet the required quality criteria for safe clinical use, therefore our SP5D closes this gap.
The global cell culture research market is changing from 2D to 3D. The Sphericalplate 5D is your solution covering the entire application range with unrivalled user advantages.
Cells Successfully Cultivated in SP5D
|human embryonic stem cells
||human breast cancer cell line (MCF-7)
|mouse embryonic stem cell line (HM-1)
||human A549 cell line from lung carcinoma
|human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells
||mouse 3T3 fibroblast cell line
|human adipose-derived mesenchymal stromal cells
||human umbilical vein endothelial cell line (huVEC)
|human islet cells
||human liver carcinoma cell line (HepG2)
|rat islet cells
||human pluripotent stem cell line (Hs181)
|mouse islet cells
||human osteosarcoma cell line (Saos-2)
|human glioblastoma cell line
||human caucasian fetal lung cell line (WI 38)
|human prostate cancer cell line
||human amniotic epithelial cells (hAEC)
|human adrenal gland cancer cell line
||induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)
|human breast cancer line (BT20)